Congratulations you have decided to get married!! Now you can look forward to the planning of your big day! One of the biggest decisions you will have to make is selecting a wedding venue. The deciding factors when choosing a venue are the wedding theme (traditional or contemporary) and of course the budget! In this post we are going to look at the marquee wedding, you may not have considered this as an option but marquee weddings have a truly unique atmosphere, we will take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of the marquee wedding.
Advantages of a marquee wedding:
- One of the main advantages of a marquee wedding is the fact you are not restricted in numbers. If you are having a large wedding 300+ guests you may find your choice of venue will be limited. Marquees offer great flexibility in terms of layout and numbers. You can erect a Marquee in the grounds of your home; a good marquee company will be able to advise if the area is suitable, a marquee may take up less room than you think! The main advantage of a marquee wedding at home is you are not restricted by any hotel rules and can party on until dawn if you wish!
- Perhaps you have set your heart on a venue but it does not accommodate the number of guests you require. A great solution is a marquee. Most hotels/venues will allow marquee’s to be erected in their grounds if they have room.
- A marquee has the advantage of being a blank canvas; you can decorate the interior to fit in with your wedding theme.
- You may require a more intimate event consider hiring a gazebo or small marquee, great for small wedding receptions. No minimum numbers to worry about!
- There are many choices of marquees from the traditional pole and guide rope marquee to the contemporary metal frame marquee, to the unusual tipi/top hat type marquees. A wide variety of choice available. (We have included some links below.)
- Imaginative lighting schemes allow you to create great effects in your marquee wedding, for example …hanging lanterns, subtle colour washes or even the night sky effect .
Disadvantages of a marquee wedding:
- You have to consider the extra time taken to put up and take down a marquee after the wedding, some venues may charge extra.
- If you are having the Marquee at home you will have to provide extra facilities such as toilets and possibly heating.
- Don’t forget space for the caterers! Experienced caterers will work closely with the marquee hire company so this shouldn’t be a problem but do bear it in mind. Jenkinsons works closely with a number of local marquee hire companies and can discuss the demands of the most complicated menus and find a solution that works!
- If you have the marquee wedding at home you may have some cleaning up to do the day after the event!
Catering at a marquee wedding.
Like any wedding reception no matter how beautiful the venue or marquee the food will always be a major talking point. The scale of the event is irrelevant, whether you are planning a small wedding reception for 20 at home, or a party for 2,000 in a marquee. Jenkinsons can provide a unique and exquisite catering experience to suit all individual needs.
Unlike many caterers Jenkinons can provide all equipment including mobile commercial kitchens, ovens, BBQs, all crockery & cutlery, furniture, table linen and glassware. This is not always the case with most catering companies. So please check with your caterers and marquee hire company to see exactly who is responsible for all the equipment you are going to need.
With a marquee wedding you are not tied into any wedding packages, you can be as creative as you want with your menu. For example: outside BBQ’s, hog roasts, themed menus or even bangers and mash it’s really whatever you desire!
Local marquee hire companies in Staffordshire:
Elite Tents – Tipi Hire Midlands – ” The first specialist tipi hire company to be based in the Midlands. We hire out awe-inspiring Kåtas- tipi style traditional Nordic tents.”
Melody Corporation Marquee Hire – “Suppliers of Quality Marquees in Cheshire, Manchester, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Chester & North Wales”
Dove Valley Outdoor Events – “We are a leading clearspan marquee hire specialist (Clearspan means no interior poles or guide ropes) company – based in the midlands, Staffordshire.”
Banner Marquee Hire -“Banner Marquees is a premier marquee hire company based in the West Midlands.”